Thank you for keeping up with Tony's status as he was battling cancer.

If you have questions to ask, add a comment to the blog, and I will be notified by email. Be sure to include your email in your comment so I can respond.

If you want to comment, and have trouble, you can always select Anonymous in the "Comment as" field and add your name at the end of your message.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tony's thoughts for those that don't have Facebook

The following is copied from a message Tony sent out through Facebook.

Hey everyone,
I just thought I'd put a quick blurb out there about what's going on right now with me and all the treatment stuff that's up.

1: I have decided on a treatment and it's actually experiemental treatment that has been shown to cure brain tumors. The basic idea if you have seen the movie I Am Legend with the whole virus injection thing. That is what I'm going to be doing with my tumor cells, they are injecting my brain with a virus engineered to attack and kill cancer cells while not touching any other cells within the brain. If everything goes perfect the idea is that the virus will wipe out the cancer and I'll be healed completely no problems. if nothing else it will take out alot of the cells and leave much less than what is there and make it much more treatable.

2: I'm going to be living down in houston for the next month plus a bit and we found a great place right by the hospital and in a good part of town that is pretty inexpensive so things will work out pretty well.

3: It looks like in the long run also I'll be able to head home, doctors said I can fly because after the actual injection I will have to go back pretty frequently for the next month, but after that I only need to be here at 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and every 2 months after that for a few years. this will allow me to probably get back to school, work, everything.

Just thought I'd let you know what's up more or less. Go ahead and copy paste this all you want to get the word out. thanks folks

No comments:

Post a Comment